8.15.2010

~what rootz is all about~

Lately I have been quite surprised by the complexities that the word "stay" has recently brought to my life...

stay

1
–verb (used without object)
1.
to spend some time in a place, in a situation, with a personor group, etc.
2.
to continue to be as specified, as to condition or state: tostay clean.
3.
to hold out or endure, as in a contest or task (followed bywith  or at )
4.
to keep up, as with a competitor (followed by with ).
5.
Poker to continue in a hand by matching an ante, orraise.
6.
to stop or halt.
7.
to pause or wait, as for a moment, before proceeding orcontinuing; linger or tarry.
8.
Archaic to cease or desist.
9.
Archaic to stand firm.
–verb (used with object)
10.
to stop or halt.
11.
to hold back, detain, or restrain, as from going further.
12.
to suspend or delay (actions, proceedings, etc.).
13.
to appease or satisfy temporarily the cravings of (thestomach, appetite, etc.).
14.
to remain through or during (a period of time): We stayedtwo days in San Francisco.
15.
to remain to the end of; remain beyond (usually followed byout ).
16.
Archaic to await.
–noun
17.
the act of stopping or being stopped.
18.
a stop, halt, or pause; a standstill.
19.
a sojourn or temporary residence: a week's stay in Miami.
20.
Law a stoppage or arrest of action; suspension of a judicialproceeding: The governor granted a stay of execution.
21.
Informal staying power endurance.






...obviously not really something my personality has ever been interested in. 
So, for the past month  I've been contemplating what to do with this challenging word.

result=blog

You see, all my life I have been running. I actually am a runner. I love every aspect of it. The thrills of the unknown, the test of strength against will, the exhiliration of completing a feat. But God has been showing me as of late that much too often I run from life. Not until now have I realized the real meaning and intention behind my love of adventure and leaving. Just so you can get a taste of this aspect of my life: I went to 5 different colleges before settling for my bachelor's degree, have been to 10 countries outside of the US during 6 different trips, and have lived in 5 states (for 2months or more) - I am only 26. These are just a few examples of my habits of running...


You must know that I am a recovering emotional eater who has dealt with the terrors of having a distorted body image - since the age of 12. For 14 years of my life, food has been my escape... until now. I won't get into the whole story just yet - I hope you will stick around to discover the rest of the bits and pieces along with me- but for now this is a first-hand account of a self-proclaimed goal setter and achiever on a journey to find peace with myself in every moment and every day in many ways. 
I am learning to STAY. To grow rootz. I invite you to join me...



...to love life and cherish it in the fashion God gives it to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment