8.23.2010

Sufficiency~



~what is one to do with it when it is betrayed over and over?
...by the one who is trusted most???



if only the story of Hosea weren't in the Bible i'd feel much more
vindicated.

that example is one that's just a little too difficult to live up to
<sigh>.

sometimes i feel like my fierce loyalty is my greatest weakness.
but i know that is only by the world's standards.
in reality, my loyalty is one of my greatest characteristics in the aspect of being a testimony for Christ.


and this is how i know i'm normal - 
sometimes it feels like unconditional love, forgiveness, and acceptance is just too much too handle.



marriage certainly is no fairytale.
but i am THANKFUL to have found myself at a place of sufficiency in Christ, once again.
i am content.
and that is enough.
it is more than enough.
it is victory over my flesh.

the truth is, man will ALWAYS fail.
as romantic as it is to think there are certain people who are exempt,
IT'S JUST NOT TRUE.
but the real question is, what is going to be my response?
do i need to respond?
does it even matter to me?

...if i were honest, respect and confrontation are difficult for me to merge.





(perhaps the quiet of Borders, some tea and a scone will help...)





"...do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with GOOD."
Romans 12:21



Evil:
κακός



     1) of a bad nature
     a) not such as it ought to be
     2) of a mode of thinking, feeling, acting
     a) base, wrong, wicked
     3) troublesome, injurious, pernicious, destructive, baneful

Good:
ἀγαθός


    1) of good constitution or nature
    2) useful, salutary
    3) good, pleasant, agreeable, joyful, happy
    4) excellent, distinguished
    5) upright, honourable






















No comments:

Post a Comment