8.22.2010

Choices...part 2

I was reading an article the other day in Women's Health magazine that I found to be very interesting...
it was titled "The Bad Girl's Guide to Good Health". here's is an overview of what it said-

1. Getting p*ssed off can keep stress in check.
2. Downing coffee could cut your cancer risk.
3. Being a slob may help you breathe easier.
4. Drinking beer may benefit your heart and bones.
5. Surfing the Internet might tune up your brain.
6. Chewing gum can keep you trim.


- it made me laugh, actually. all the possibilities... can, could, may, might. i suppose if i jumped off a cliff i may feel exhilarated. you just never know. why is it that we always need to have approval, validation, for the things we do? why, when the majority of people read an article like that do they heave a sigh of relief?? really? maybe b/c you're an addict but can't admit it? to coffee? to anger? to the Internet?

you know the truth.

that's not to say i've never been the same way.
but i've been learning more and more that if i listen to and understand my own body
i'm a whole lot smarter than if i read something in a magazine that doesn't even relate to me.
they only say it does so their publication can sell.
it's a lie.
God gave me a brain that works really well - i will not be brainwashed anymore because now i have freedom and i'm HAPPY.

i do not need to lose 5 more pounds
i do not need to fit into my skinny jeans 
i do not need to have to workout to tone and firm each part of my body
i do not need to guilt myself into eating salads every day
i do not need to deprive myself of the food i like

...i have wasted too much of my life in this form of self-loathing. 

i DO need to love myself as God has created me and take care of myself
i DO need to love God and continue to pursue my relationship with Him
i DO need to love others and be a servant in the new life i have found   

...i am NOT wasting any more of my life.
(it's time to trust again)

BESIDES, THERE ARE MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE, ANYWAYS...



"See, I have set before you today life and prosperity, and death and adversity;

in that I command you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in His ways and to keep His commandments and His statutes and His judgments,that you may live ...




"But if your heart turns away and you will not obey, but are drawn away and worship other gods and serve them,


I declare to you today that you shall surely perish....


"I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live...



by loving the LORD your God, by obeying His voice,and by holding fast to Him; for this is your life and the length of your days."
(Excerpts from Deuteronomy 30)



...so, yes, we all have choices.








what will YOU choose???

No comments:

Post a Comment