8.16.2010

the threads of life

So today my husband and I motorcycled it over to Orlando to visit with some friends who are down here on vacation from MI. Friends that are close to twice my age, whose boys I cared for for a while about 9 years ago. The gentleman just happened to be in Tampa the weekend of our wedding and since he is a professional photographer, happens to be the person we hired to capture our day in the most meaningful way possible. I see this family about once every 2 years with very little contact in between. 
and so it got me wondering...

what is it that ties the hearts and lives of people together in such a way that somehow there is no separation no matter the time, distance, changes in life? I must say, it does baffle me a bit.

I mean, these people I originally know from the church I grew up in and from what I can tell, other than a former employee of theirs, I am the only one they still keep in touch with from the congregation. And loosely at that like I stated. So really, they are in the position geographically to stay in much closer contact with many more people who are much closer in age to them so, why me???

interesting.

And then tonight I had a chance to stop by and see 2 of the 3 girls that I nannied for over 4.5 years most recently. No other children will have hugs that can replace theirs. They are SO a part of me. Still. Sometimes I actually really ache for them. And so I realize that this is only a taste of what it must be to be a mother...

The Power of Children.

they connect lives and impact hearts in ways so discreet that if you're not looking for it
you will miss it. and if you do, you will miss
one of the biggest wonders of life...


So you see, as I stay- I find, I learn






...to love life and cherish it in the fashion God gives it to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment