1.02.2011

So This is the New Year


i find myself in a back corner of one of Savannah's finest independent coffee shops and have to ask myself,
"When is it that we divert from what we love and make life so complicated??"

it never fails, i always come back to the same aspirations 
whenEVER i am in a town such as this.
i go back to my art.
back to the small town feel- that exists inside a rather large town- that i adore.
back to exploration.
back to the vigor i really want in every day of my life.
back to what is exactly, completely, wholly ALL that i really want:






a cup of tea, a book and my husband by my side  

preferably on a rainy afternoon
(and not necessarily in that order)
oh yes, and most times with biscotti or a scone as well
(just not today)
such simplicity, soooo
why do i make life so complicated?
it's times like these i really have to contemplate what it is that i devote myself to every day.

of course this is always so easy to say while on vacation. 
but at the same time it really is unfortunate how so much i allow stuff to run my life.

another adoration:
living in an area where i can walk to and from the market, coffee shop, bookstore, art galleries, etc.
-it's just pure joy!

i get so tiresome of running out to the store all the time that i think i purchase more than is needed just so that i can save myself a trip. but then everything piles up. and God knows the piles certainly don't take care of themselves. i need a return to simplicity. FOR REAL.

-an extremely daunting request of  an artist, fashionista, musician, and athlete.

i told myself no resolutions but perhaps this can simply be my quest for this year.
to purge.

when you come as close as i have to losing the thing most dearest to you
you just simply have no choice but to reevaluate.
who you are, what you're doing, where you're going.
and what of all that MATTERS

2010 was learning to love myself, perhaps 2011 will be learning to love my life- no strings attached. 
wholly, purely, organically.

in all it is, whatever it is, not expecting it to be something it's not.


No comments:

Post a Comment