5.25.2012

A New Way

pregnancy changed my life in a big way.


ok, so maybe that's not so abnormal.
in case you haven't noticed, my blog has not been so consistent over the past year and that has not been due simply to the craziness of being pregnant and now a SAHM with an infant.

honestly, since i was pregnant with our little guy i have not struggled nearly as much with body image/ healthy lifestyle like i had in the past (due to different hormones, it seems- yippy!) and that's supposed to be what this blog is mainly about so i've been a little lost as to how to continue.
sooo...

as i've taken some time figuring out which direction to take my musings i think i've finally got it!
here goes...
~~~
i've always SWORN to myself that i would NOT become a crazy woman once i became a mom... crazy as in allowing only organics in the house and stuff of that nature. you know, one of those "my baby's gonna have nothing but the best and i'll break the bank if i have to, making sure of it!" kind of moms.

well, if you were to ask my husband he'd probably say that i have failed in this oath of refusal BUT although i wouldn't agree, i HAVE been enjoying purging our home of some unwanted's the past couple of months.

you see, in the past, "healthy", to me, has meant:
produce
high protein
low-calorie
whole grain
natural
(refined) sugar free

and THEN i started looking at labels for some unbeknownst reason... YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was rather disgusted with the amount of ingredients i couldn't pronounce and certainly didn't recognize in "whole grain", "hearty", "natural" items in our cupboards. not to mention those items that to my understanding should only be a few ingredients.
practically EVERYTHING has some kind of nasty chemical preservative ...x10!!!

just so you don't think i'm naive, if i were honest i've known for awhile that this is the way our foods in grocery stores are it's just that the "frugal" side of me wasn't ready to take the plunge and reeeeeally find out if clean eating can take place on a budget... and to my husbands satisfaction- ha, right. plus, i wasn't really ready for the time investment either... until now.

~~~
i guess purity has kind of been a theme of mine the past year or so
(more on that later)
and now it's just spilling over into my day to day life as i seek to be placing more and more pure sustenance on our table and in our fridge.

i hope you will join me on this adventure! i've been having a blast so far and there is SOO much to be informed about on this gradual, practical quest for PURE health.


and just in case you were wondering, since growing.rootz is also all about
CONTENTMENT

in this place God has me in right now i will still be continuing posts about life and family and...
MOMMYHOOD
every now and again as i grow my rootz into this new makeup of my soil






CHEERS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment