6.04.2012

Green Smoothie Recipe




ingredients:

1 large orange (give or take- I ended up using 3/4 of one), peeled and segmented
1 banana, cut into chunks
14 frozen strawberries
4 cups spinach
1 cup plain Greek yogurt (I use Chobani 0%)
1 cup hot water
2 Tb honey


directions:

1. Put all of the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve.


here's what i started with:


eh, i think i'll add in some more spinach...



Note: experiment with this one! of course there are TONS of great smoothie recipes out there but I really love this one so am going to stick with it until I need something new... I have put carrots in it as well- a little different tasting but, hey, they needed to be used up and hubby even approved too.



I made a double recipe adapted from one I found on Pinterest from this blog. My strawberries were frozen, hence, the hot water- the blender I have now isn't strong enough otherwise... RIP VitaMix :( I had a couple really nice large bunches of spinach from Co-op on Saturday so I quadrupled the amount meaning I put 2x as much in since I'm doubling the recipe. It's still VERY surprising to me how it doesn't taste bad at ALL with so much "veggie" in a smoothie! **WONDERFUL** The greek yogurt makes it a little tart but I actually like it that way and I'm all about getting a good dose of protein so that ingredient I tripled from the original recipe. The added honey is for good measure, ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment